Monday, July 9, 2007

Step #6: Request to Appear Before the Wisconsin Board of Nursing

I spoke with Ms. Nania on the phone this morning, and it looks like it is very likely that they will put me on the agenda for the meeting on July 26. This is wonderful news because it means that I will be able to present my case to the Board in person. I submitted my request to her via email a few moments ago.
_________________________________________________
Dear Ms. Nania:

I would like to schedule a personal appearance before the Wisconsin Board of Nursing. The reason I am requesting an appearance is in order to discuss the Board’s "Special Agreement" with Marquette University under which Marquette’s Direct Entry nursing students are eligible for RN licensure. I plan to ask the Board to immediately dissolve this "Special Agreement" because it violates both the Wisconsin Nurse Practice Act 441.04 and the Wisconsin Administrative Code N 2.03 (1)(c).

If possible, I would like to appear before the Board of Nursing at the July 26th meeting because I am making a special trip from my home in Mississippi to Madison specifically in to attend that meeting in person. If another date is necessary, then I give permission for [NAME] to appear before the board in my place.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Lydia Bertrand