Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Letter From the Director of the ADN Program

I asked the Director of Nursing Education at Pearl River Community College's ADN program to put the content of our conversation last week into writing for me, and I got her letter today. Here is an excerpt:
________________________________________________
Dear Ms. Bertrand:

After careful review of your transcript and syllabi from Wisconsin, we find that you have essentially completed everything in our curriculum. Our college catalog states that in order to receive a degree from the institution you must complete at least 25% of your final course work in residence. You would have to repeat numerous courses that you have completed already and have done extremely well in . . .

I wish I could do more . . . Good luck to you in your endeavors.

Sincerely,

Peggy Dease, M.S., R.N.
Director of Nursing Education, Pearl River Community College